If only choosing the best eCommerce SEO company in the industry was simple, the lives of online entrepreneurs around the globe would be much easier. Unfortunately, it isn’t easy and there are a lot of moving pieces – but this checklist should start you off on the right foot. If only choosing the best eCommerce SEO company in the industry was simple, the lives of online entrepreneurs around the globe would be much easier. Unfortunately, it isn’t easy and there are a lot of moving pieces – but this checklist should start you off on the right foot.
If you can check off all of these boxes, you know you’re at least starting with a winner.
● Start with a search. Any eCommerce SEO agency worth serving your online store should show right up in the search results for competitive keywords like “eCommerce SEO services,” “lead generation SEO marketing strategies,” or “SEO for eCommerce businesses.” If they don’t show up high in the organic results, how will they be able to perform for your website?
● Narrow down results if you’re looking for local services. Depending on the specific type of SEO strategy you need (lead gen, local, etc.) start narrowing down your options.
● Look at client testimonials on the website in question.
● Now, look for disinterested reviews that aren’t on their website. These are more likely to be honest and straightforward.
● Check their social media platforms: they should be active and engaged. If they’re not, they might not be responsive to your concerns.
● The best eCommerce SEO company should be specifically experienced with your eCommerce platform. Make sure the SEO expert you choose knows your platform in and out.
● Experience in your industry or in your specific discipline is also a plus. An SEO expert experienced with outdoor sports might not be as proficient at developing an online marketing campaign for a client in the fashion industry; consider discipline.
● What sorts of certifications or accreditation have they earned? How about awards?
● Do they offer supporting marketing services? Social media marketing and content marketing can be instrumental in driving long-term organic traffic to your store. PPC and email marketing can also help drive conversions and sales.
● What sorts of supporting design and development services do they offer? Look for a provider that also offers web design, development, and migration services, as these can support eCommerce SEO.
● They should be clear about how they track and communicate metrics (Google Analytics and Google Search Console are a good start but proprietary dashboards are even better).
● The best eCommerce SEO company should be able to point to indicators of success (white papers, press releases, case studies, and so on and so forth).
● Make sure to talk to everyone involved in the process (technical advisers, writers, project managers) before signing on.
● Does the company offer you a dedicated project manager as a point of contact? They should.
● Ask about the process. It should not be standardized in any way.
● Read the terms of the scope of work. Will you be involved or consulted in the process? Will you be able to make recommendations to shift or adjust keywords during the course of the campaign?
● Does this eCommerce SEO company also offer strategic consulting services?
● Ask about the SEO process. It should be clear and they should give you detailed information on what ranking signals they will optimize, such as product page copy, optimized blogs, metadata, on and off-page SEO, and more. The entire process should also be supported by watertight keyword research.
Start Smart: Begin Your Search with One of the Best eCommerce SEO Companies in the Industry
You can pore over hundreds of listing on the web or you can start with 1DigitalⓇ Agency, one of the best eCommerce SEO companies in the industry. They have a decade of experience, work with every major eCommerce platform, and have a vetted SEO process that’s proven by the results of hundreds of clients over the years.
Just visit their website (1DigitalAgency.com) or contact them at 888-982-8269 and see if they don’t check off all the boxes mentioned here.