The MSME Exhibition Subsidy has been critical to the survival of MSMEs in terms of company development and marketing strategy. Due to their contribution to production, exports, and employment, Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises play a key part in the country’s economic progress. The MSME sector accounts for about 8% of the country’s GDP, 45 percent of manufacturing output, and 40% of exports. Through its million businesses, the MSME sector employs 60 million people.
Also, Read- udyam Registration
Despite rising raw material costs, global demand, and tough international competition, the MSME sector has maintained a greater growth rate than the total industrial sector over the last decade. Exports from these businesses have expanded dramatically. Today, the industry produces a wide range of commodities, from basic consumer goods to very precise, sophisticated finished goods. It has grown into a key supplier of mass-market goods as well as a producer of a variety of basics, medications, and pharmaceuticals. Giving the MSME sector a boost will almost certainly have a multiplier effect on the economy’s growth.
MSME Exhibition Subsidy Background:
MSME Exhibition Subsidy is a Ministry of Commerce program that provides MSMEs with round-the-clock help in increasing their export rates and expanding and accessing international markets. It was decided that the Small Industries Development Organization should establish a Market Development Assistance Program as part of the overall policy strategy for promoting the development of MSMEs launched on August 30, 2000. (MDA). It should be a well-thought-out plan. The MSMEs Exhibition Subsidy Scheme proposes that the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) give marketing support to Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and boost their products’ competitiveness and marketability through a variety of activities. The Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, through the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), a Public Sector Enterprise of the Ministry, is intent on providing marketing assistance to Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises through the MSMEs Exhibition Subsidy. Marketing has emerged as a strategic instrument for business development, and it is now regarded as important for the growth and survival of micro, small, and medium-sized businesses. Marketing is a critical component in determining a company’s success rate. Large corporations have the financial means and rights to hire workers to manage the entire marketing sector, including its products and services. Because the MSME sector lacks significant resources, it needs institutional help to provide these marketing and sales inputs. MSME Exhibition Subsidy is, without a doubt, a motivating force for MSMEs and their goals.
The MSME Exhibition Subsidy’s main goals:
The following are the goals of the MSMEs Exhibition subsidy:
- Encourage renowned Micro and Small Business exporters and expand foreign markets.
- To enhance the involvement of representatives from small/micro manufacturing firms at international trade fairs and exhibitions under the MSME India stand.
- To increase the rate of exports from small/micro manufacturing businesses.
- To promote and popularise the use of bar codes on a larger scale.
Major Projects Funded by the MSME Exhibition Subsidy:
It is proposed that the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) provide marketing support to Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and increase the competitiveness and marketability of their products through the MSMEs Exhibition Subsidy Scheme, which includes the following activities:
- NSIC uses the MSME Exhibition Subsidy to assist in the organization of international technology exhibitions in foreign countries.
- The MSME Exhibition Subsidy facilitates participation in international trade shows and exhibitions.
- MSME Exhibition Subsidy organizes intensive marketing efforts and events.
- The MSME Exhibition Subsidy helps small businesses afford to use Global Standards.
- The MSME Exhibition Subsidy helps exporters promote their products internationally.
- The MSME Exhibition Subsidy helps export promotion councils (EPCs) carry out a variety of activities to promote their products and services.
- The current scheme helps organizations/trade bodies carry out exclusive innovative actions in support of their members’ export promotion efforts.
- The MSME Exhibition Subsidy helps with important actions related to marketing and promotion initiatives in other countries.
MSME Exhibition Subsidy Subsidy Umbrella:
- For Micro and Small Manufacturing Enterprises in the General Category, the Government of India would pay 75% of economy class flights and 50% of space rental rates.
- The government of India would reimburse 100 percent of venue rent and economy class flights for women entrepreneurs, SC/ST entrepreneurs, and those from the North Eastern Region.
- The amount of airfare and space rental subsidy per unit would be limited to Rs.1.25 lakhs.
Other advantages include:
- One permanent employee/director/partner/proprietor of the economy class’s MSE unit will be available for travel assistance.
- DC (MSME) will allocate space at its discretion, and its decision will be final and binding.
- The deal is only offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Suggested Read- udyam registration portal
The MSME Exhibition Subsidy plan has been successful in fulfilling its primary goal of encouraging micro and small business marketing activities to a large extent. It is desirable to expand the number of events in the effective participation to raise the number of buyer-seller meetings with the major involvement of leading firms to further improve the scheme’s implementation. The MSME Exhibition Subsidy, as the name implies, provides all necessary financial aid and subsidies to renowned entrepreneurs and units interested n the development and growth of their businesses.